The Top Five Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant not only in Ayurveda, but recent researches have backed the same facts too. Research says that most of the turmeric benefits are due to curcumin in it.
What benefits should you expect following the use of turmeric? Here is what science says:
- Have a bleed with no help around? Just go to your kitchen and put some turmeric over your wound. Curcumin speeds the process of clot formation and slows down excessive bleeding, says researchers at the Kyungpook National University, Korea.
- It has the capacity to reduce and even kill cancer, like skin, breast and prostate cancer, in their initial stages. Cancer cells are rapidly growing cells and in need of a lot of energy coming from blood to grow at an exponential rate. Curcumin may help reduce the blood supply to the cancer cells.
- A pinch of turmeric dissolved in hot milk is an ancient Indian remedy to treat many gut problems that may include stomach aches and peptic ulcer.
- Arthritis makes your life full of pain and agony. If you’re tired of eating pills having dreadful side effects then perhaps it’s time for you to switch to turmeric. Turmeric is just as effective in reducing pain and inflammation as aspirin, says research.
- Aging takes a huge toll on your body and no organs escapes the effects of it. This is true of brain too that is hit by diseases like Alzheimer’s as you age. However, several scientific studies have proved that using turmeric supplements can slow down and even REVERSE Alzheimer’s!